As the Buyer in a real estate transaction you can help ensure a smooth closing by being prepared to provide, either before or at closing, the following items:
- Buyer’s Closing Information Sheet: Once we schedule your closing our closing paralegal will send you a “Pre-Closing Info Sheet for Buyer.” Please provide the requested information and return the form to our firm as soon as possible.
- When and Where: Confirm that the closing date and time as scheduled meets with your expectations. Be sure you know which office location you need to attend. If you are not able to attend the closing, please inform our office immediately so we can accommodate your needs.*
- Spell-check: Please notify the firm if your name is misspelled, your address is incorrect or you notice any other typos or errors.
- Identification: Two (2) forms of legal identification with your picture are required.
- Homeowner’s Insurance: Once your closing date and time are established please obtain homeowner’s insurance as soon as possible to our firm. We will review the terms of the policy and ensure that it satisfies your lender’s requirements.
- Special Accommodations: We are happy to assist with any special requests such as ensuring wheelchair access, welcoming language translators, or scheduling separate times for closing.* Please let us know of such requests in advance so we will be prepared.
- Funds: Please review our wiring instructions. Georgia’s “Good Funds” statute requires monies due at closing be wired into our escrow account.
- Original Documents: Please bring original documents as requested by our firm, your agent or your lender.
* additional fees may apply