As the Seller in the transaction you can help ensure a smooth closing by being prepared to provide information and items as requested by our firm and/or your agent:
- Seller’s Closing Information Sheet: Soon after scheduling your closing time our closing paralegal will send you a “Pre-Closing Information Sheet for Sellers.” This document is a crucial part of the pre-closing process. Please fill in the required information and return it to our firm as soon as possible.
- When and Where: Confirm that the closing date and time as scheduled meets with your expectations. Be sure you know which office location you need to attend. If you are not able to attend the closing, please inform our office immediately so we can accommodate your needs.*
- Spell-check: Please notify the firm if your name is misspelled, your address is incorrect or you notice any other typos or errors.
- Identification: One (1) form of legal identification with your picture is required.
- Special Accommodations: We are happy to assist with any special requests such as ensuring wheelchair access, welcoming language translators, or scheduling separate times for closing.* Please let us know of such requests in advance so we will be prepared.
- Funds: Please review our wiring instructions. Georgia’s “Good Funds” statute requires monies due at closing be wired into our escrow account.
- Original Documents: Please bring original documents as requested by our firm, your agent or your lender.
- Termite Letter and Home Warranty: If the contract requires you provide a termite letter and/or a home warranty, please obtain these items as soon as possible and forward a copy to our firm for review.
- Last Minute Payments: If you make any loan, tax, utility or homeowners association payments within seven (7) days prior to closing, please let our firm know immediately so we can make any necessary adjustments to your final net total.
- Keys, Fobs and Warranties: Bring all keys, garage door openers, and fobs to closing, unless directed otherwise by your agent. Provide any warranties that are not expired on appliances and services. If codes are needed for any remaining device, such as an alarm or garage door system, please be prepared to offer them.
* additional fees may apply